Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Bad...

I hate bugs.  I especially hate both genders of mosquito and (I know they aren't "bugs") spiders.

Today was a block party in my neighborhood.  I was face-painting for the children when the host of the party, Neighbor, asked me to do a favor for her.

She asked me to fill a bowl with water and handed me a clear, purple chip bowl.

...There was a small spider in it... so I turned away from her and for some reason decided to smash the bowl onto the ground.
It was a plastic bowl so it only had a large crack in it, but it was an off moment for me.
Slamming that bowl on the ground instantly filled me with a painful regret and I truly felt my day was ruined.

I mean, it wasn't even an old bowl.  It was a new $3.00 bowl.  And I turned right around and smashed it on the ground because I saw a spider.

She gave me a different bowl to get the water.  It was when I was filling this other bowl and feeling all down and miserable about my mistake when I realized just how ridiculous I must have looked when I did that.
(And then my best friend tried to console me by mentioning that I could make a blog about it later. This is that post.)











I did not let myself freak out like that again and the rest of the party was a success.
I still cringe about it.  Then I laugh because it was kinda funny.  Then I feel guilty about laughing.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I even painted Fluttershy on the face of one of my friends.



It could have turned out better without the beard, but it's so perfect anyway that I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment