Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Friday, October 14, 2011

So... the radio can be pretty hilarious...

Yes, the radio.  One of the least appreciated forms of the communication of comedy.  Luckily for me, my parents have Sirius radio so we get A LOT of stations.  Of which we listen to Radio Disney, The Pulse (occasionally), and Blue Collar Comedy (Yes, it is a radio station on Sirius.)






I should also mention that the radio has almost always seemed to be communicating with me.




My mom could be cruel sometimes.

While my family and I were in Illinois this past weekend something incredible happened.

The radio did something fucking hilarious.

Alright, so picture this, you are sitting in the back of the van watching your family as they prepared to buy a meal from McDonald's.  The radio is on the Blue Collar Comedy Station where a comedian is telling his jokes softly.

Then all hell breaks loose.

Apparently the comedian decided he was going to drive his point home by yelling in a very long, very loud, and very monotonous way.  Then your baby sister decides, "What the hell, I'll scream too, this guy makes it sound fun!" (she's not a baby baby, but a five-year old with ADpossibly'H'D)  So now the five year old is screaming, the radio is screaming, mom is yelling at the five year old to shut up, and dad is trying desperately to get everyone's orders.



So as I was laughing internally about the sheer hilarity of the current situation, I decided enough was enough and suggested dad turn off the radio.  That act alone was enough to bring total silence to the cacophony making it's home in our van.





It was all thanks to me because I am MAGIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment