Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

MEMORYYYYY!!!!! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!

I have few enemies. (I also have few friends, but that's beside the point.) There is no greater enemy to me than my failed memory.  I have not been diagnosed with any kind of memory problems, but my mind is insistent that they DO exist.  It tries desperately to prove this at any occasion.

Like that one time I forgot who my little sister was while I was looking at her.





Or that time I forgot my friend's birthday right after she told me when it was.








As you can see, my memory deletes almost instantly.  I do not know how to fix this.  My laziness only contributes to the problem by preventing me from trying methods recommended for memory improvement by those guys on that Brain Games show, particularly the third episode involving memory and recall.

About a week ago I went for an interview with McDonald's.  I remembered that I was supposed to call them to see if I had been hired yesterday.  I received no help or information from the girl who answered the phone.  I promised myself I would call again today.  Even though I should have remembered that my phone sucks and does not hold a charge if I even dial a number.  It just so happened that I asked the girl to allow me to speak to the woman who had given me the interview. She had just left the phone to get the lady... when my phone decided it was tired and shut down.


LOL



I was traumatized.

So many thoughts began revolving in my head about how I would never be able to call them again because I was certain they now had me pegged as that jackass who calls and then hangs up when you go to do what she asks.  So I waited... and waited... and my terror has only grown worse.  I am terrified of calling them now. Sure, they could say they don't mind the accident, but they will hate me forever.  I don't know what to do.  I am reasonably certain that I will not be hired by this particular McDonald's anytime soon.

But there is still hope for my future yet, because a friend of mine has told me about a job where I could make around $10 an hour.  That is the only thing keeping me from locking myself in a room full of chocolate ice cream and some toothbrushes and toothpaste and crying my way through it all. (The toothbrushes and toothpaste are necessary, my teeth hurt when I have too many sweets. High-five for pain-reducing foresight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment