Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Romantically disabled

Just recently, or perhaps it's been quite some time and my internal clock is on the fritz again, I attempted to make a romantic connection.

It was obviously a failure or I would not have called it an "attempt".
I have very little social interaction with many people, and it just so happens that the few males I do know are certainly not compatible with my mental instabilities.  I started my endeavor by joining an online dating site.  Within a matter of moments my paranoia kicked in and I began to panic due to my fear of crazed cyber-hackers finding my location and appearing in the middle of the night to murder me.

This particular case of my paranoia seemed to have been instigated by having a short conversation with someone who was a single year over my desired age range...

After that short conversation that ended in a terrified release of tears, I happened to communicate with an 18 year old of close range to my location.  Our conversation was delightful and consisted primarily of chatting about Pokemon and other beloved video games.  He did not seem to be into the conversation as much as I was...  Perhaps that should have been my sign from the start that he would continue to show little interest in things I like, but he found me amusing enough, so I was unconcerned.

Our uncertain relationship continued for almost three weeks, however, I always seemed to be the one to initiate conversation and continue our interaction.


I was also slightly unnerved by the sheer number of female "friends" he already had on Facebook.
We met finally and we had fun at a park, but there was quite a bit of discomfort as when I stopped talking, he did not continue.



I needed to prod him with questions if I wanted him to tell me ANYTHING.
Suffice to say, we are no longer speaking to each other.  Not that I dislike him, I just refuse to be the one to start a conversation.


I even made a full comic about my romantic deficiency.

1 comment:

  1. People are scary. Stay inside where it's safe, like me :D

    ReplyDelete