Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Unhealthy Addiction

I don't know how common it is to be addicted to Solitaire, but I've accomplished it somehow.  It began my senior year of high school.  I was enrolled in a Cisco course and so much of our time was spent on the computer that I had gained an opportunity to explore the internet.  It did not take long to see everything I cared to see, and I gradually became more and more unsatisfied with my common websites.


Gradually, I began to waste my time looking at the games installed on the computer to see which I would enjoy the most.


And then... Solitaire...


I was addicted after the first game.  Every single day I would turn on the computer, open a game, and then play it until the period had ended.


It was a double period also... Two whole sets of 45 minute intervals, and both of them wasted on Solitaire...


And the dreams... I still saw the cards arranging themselves when I shut my eyes.


I COULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SO MUCH!  Alas, my mind would not allow for such a thing.  The addiction has been weakening, but it is still very much alive and healthy.  So much so that I actually turned off a movie I was watching just so I could play some Solitaire.

 <--- Solitaire

It was Mark Wahlberg's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment