Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, February 13, 2012

The holiday of affection

As I have mentioned before, I have no boyfriend, so obviously Valentine's Day is a touchy day for me.  I'm not one of those people who says they hate the holiday because of whatever bull-crap reason, and I'm not one of those people who wants others to be miserable. (If I suggest ruining the day for others, it's a joke, DO NOT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY)

I like Valentine's Day. I think it's a pretty holiday with a wonderful theme that no one really cares about enough.  I wish the love and affection that people show towards one another was not just reserved to one day, I don't mean, "Oh, my guy better buy me a diamond ring every damn day!" What I mean is, "Oh, he called me in the middle of the day to tell me how much he loved me! He's so wonderful!"

Sure I'm lonely and sure I don't like romance but that doesn't mean I can't wish happiness for everyone else.

Anyway, when my mom and I were shopping at Wal-mart today, we looked at the holiday candy aisle.  I asked for some dark chocolate that I can eat by myself tomorrow(for obvious reasons).

She asked me if I wouldn't rather wait until after tomorrow to get candy.

I thought, "Sure! We can get so much candy when it's on sale! However, I require at least 1 bag for tomorrow."

So she, being the wonderful mother she is, allowed me to pick whatever I wanted.  I got a bag of dark and milk chocolate.  Dark chocolate is the bee's knees!

So anywho,


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


P.S. If you are as lonely as me this Valentine's Day, I found a list to use to cope with your loneliness this holiday.
http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-a-Lonely-Valentine's-Day




P.S.S. Here's a Valentine for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment