Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The day I saved the world.

Warning: Foul Language Alert
You've been warned.


Remember that one day a year ago around October, when that old dude said the Apocalypse was the very next day?

No one believed him, including me.
However, the night before his proclaimed apocalypse, I received some math homework.  That by itself is nothing unusual, until you start to acknowledge the fact that my math karma fairy is a cruel bitch.

She usually does this; I complete my homework happily (teacher doesn't take it up), I don't do my homework (teacher demands it and gives double points for half of the questions).

So can you blame me for believing that a similar lose-lose situation was about to take place?
I imagined that it would go something like this; Do my homework (world is destroyed thus making my last hours on earth invalid), or Don't do my homework (the world lives to see another day so my teacher can be utterly disappointed in me).

I chose to save the world, even if it meant disappointing my math teacher.

You're all fucking WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment