Creative Commons License
Near-Hermit Chronicles by Jessica Turley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Yoga

I decided a few days ago that yoga sounded like a pretty neat idea.
Two days ago my mom came home with a yoga mat that she won somehow and decided to give it to me.
I ended up trying to use it last night.  I started watching a yoga video on youtube.  That's where I ran into trouble.

Yoga is really, really difficult.

I had no idea it was going to be so painful.  And I am obviously in horrible shape because that pain was after 4 minutes of me FAILING to imitate the stretching in the video.

Imagine how much pain I'd be in if I accomplished the stretches correctly.
(I was sure I was doing something wrong when she told me to breathe in and I couldn't do it. That was the pre-exercise. I hadn't done any stretches prior to that point.)

I also realized I was in terrible shape when my first thought after my 4 minute exercise was to go downstairs and have 3 hotdogs.

Granted, the last thing I'd eaten that day was some cereal for lunch.

So there.  Yoga is tough, I'm not dead.  Happy thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment